Monday, October 12, 2009

Interview @ Brooklyn DA's Office 10.8.09


I'm really proud of my sticker from the Juvenile Crimes Unit of the Brooklyn DA's Office. I got it at my interview with Ms. R. of the DA's office. We talked for two hours. I enjoyed talking about myself and my life. (I love a captive audience!) After the interview, I felt really good. I felt like my life work had begun. Of course my life purpose also includes art, so I guess one can have more than one life purpose. In fact, I seem to get a new one every couple of years or so!

I haven't actually started volunteer mentoring yet. So it's not a definite. When I do, probably in the beginning of November, my mentee will be a woman or girl 13 - 25. Formerly incarcerated for violent crimes, usually directed toward a mother, boyfriend, etc., perhaps incarcerated more than once. Ms. R. said "stranger violence" is rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment